This lathe can turn a part up to 3.5” in diameter over the bed or up to 1.88” over the carriage without riser blocks. With an optional riser block, parts up to 6” in diameter can be turned over the bed. The lathe has 8” of space between centers. The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes. There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed. This lathe is a good choice for clockmakers, modelers, or those who will be working on small parts. It is also the most compact lathe we make and is easily used where space is at a premium and can be stored on a closet shelf.
Standard equipment for the model 4000 (4100 metric) lathe includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller.
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide.
- 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers.
- Standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels.
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual.
- Available with red handwheels upon request.